Thursday, February 28, 2013

Etsy Artist Love: Isabella Di Sclafani







 

I love these figurines by Isabella Di Sclafani.  

I came across her work when she purchased a few little paintings from me -- and when I saw her work wow-- let me tell you there is no bigger compliment than one from another artist whose work you admire.  I love knowing my paintings occupy a home with these wonky guys.

 These wonderful little figures have so much personality -- some seem so worried and awkward, others like know-it-alls (I'm looking at you swimmer).  I also love the way she photographs them, the space and proximity given always seem appropriate and make me feel like the photos are an art form on their own. 

She has many in her shop along with some delightful little paintings and other goodies.  Check it out and enjoy!

2 comments:

Isabella Di Sclafani said...

Hi Aubrey,
I am so honoured that you've made a post about my figurines! When I discovered your paintings on Etsy, it was love at first sight. I enjoy your blog very much and because of you, I have discovered other artists and their work. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the feature and I look forward to adding more of your amazing art to my collection.
Best regards,
Isabella

Aubrey Levinthal said...

The feeling is mutual!

Post a Comment